This position is posted at an Intermediate Quality Inspector Level.
Shift: 8:00pm – 8:30pm (subject to change).
We offer a competitive salary, a clean work environment, two shifts, an excellent benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, as well as an employer matched 401k plan. Great opportunity to work in a family owned/oriented business.
· Receiving Inspection
- Perform thorough inspections on all in-coming finished goods, including hardware and processed parts from vendors.
- Verify that all necessary documents are received and in compliance with all requirements of the with purchase order.
· In-Process Inspection
- Perform in-process inspection throughout the manufacturing process from first article to final inspection in a fast paced environment.
- Verify first articles.
- Audit production jobs.
- Initiate SPC when applicable and WIP inspection process.
· Final Inspection
- Ensure that all operations on job traveler have been accomplished and stamped-off.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspection of product in accordance with customer Purchase Order (PO), blueprint, drawing, checklist, part list, etc.
- Generate First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) and/or Dimensional Inspection Data Reports as applicable.
- Verify required part marking and unit packaging.
- Ensure that all required documentation accompany product shipment.
· Tool Calibration
- Perform inspection tool calibration.
· Technical Support
- Assist manufacturing personnel in resolving any issues pertaining to drawing
and/or specifications for products.
- Educate and train manufacturing personnel on more appropriate inspection methods and techniques whenever necessary.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use various types of manufacturing software programs such as JobBoss.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 3-7 years of relevant inspection experience in a plastic and/or metallic machine shop environment is required.
· Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 quality standards and internal audit procedures preferred.
· Confident in reading and understanding mechanical blueprints; cognizant with all the basic fundamental rules.
· Basic shop math skills including ability to perform geometric/trigonometric calculations as well as measurement conversion.
· Ability to use and understand the application and techniques of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Ability to use various types of inspection tools, such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, comparator, optical/probe Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM), etc.
· Keen attention to detail with strong visual acuity.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee is regularly required to engage in the activities listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Walk and/or move about the workplace.
· Stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
· Bend at waist and/or knees.
· Lift and/or move objects up to 10lbs and occasionally up to 25lbs from one location to another. Assistance is available for lifting objects over 25lbs.
· Move arms, wrists, hands, and/or fingers in repetitive motions including keyboarding.
· Feel and perceive the attributes of an object, such as its size, shape, color, distance, weight, and/or texture.
· Express, perceive, and exchange thoughts, questions, and instructions, through both written and oral communication in the English language.
Roncelli Plastics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our company, please visit our web page at www.roncelli.com.
To apply for the Quality Assurance Inspector position, please email HR@roncelli.com. You must put the job title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of your email and attach your resume in word or pdf format. If you require assistance to apply to this position, please contact our Human Resources department at 626-359-2551.